12 January, 2010

An Invokation of the Mother of the Night

Ah Lilith! Drinker of the Blood of the Clay-Born. I invoke Thee with Heart and Soul and Mind! As Self reaches out to embrace the Other, so my Words make manifest the Essential-Spirit-Flame that is Thy Being!

Unto Thee I sacrifice all that is profane, that the Light of Self may shine forth in brilliance. Drink deep the Blood of those who seek darkness and illusion. I am a Hermit whose path is shown by the Light of the Lantern whose Flame was kindled from the One Star!

Ah Lilith! Queens of the Gods, whom in I are reflected as the Colours of the Peacock's Feather. In the Dark Desert Thou hast chosen to wander in Exile, outside the known Boundaries of the World! In the Battle with the Enemy Thy Wisdom has struck all things down!

As You chose, so do I choose: that no law of man or god shall stand in the Way of mine Illumination! I shall transcend all that hinders my Will, and overcome all obstacles in the Path of Self!

Ah Lilith! Lady of the Starry Heavens, and Mother of the Wiseblooded Cunning-folk sprung forth from the Seed of Cain. I call out to Thee in the Desolate Places of Wilderness: let Thy Spirit of Fire emanate from above and illuminate the Earthly Circle of mine own Arte!

Blessed Goddess of the Dark Moon: in whose Glory is Thy Mystery Concealed. Hidden, yet known: in the Desires of Man is Your Face shown! Mysterium of the Moon, Gateway of Desire, Opener of the Womb and the Mother of Spirits! I beseech Thee that into this Circle Thy Lumina Thou shoulds't cast: I the Point and You the Path.

Ah Lilith! Queen of the Earth and Mistress to the Creatures of Midnight's Domain:

As the Silent Owl in the Dark of Night, so I: the Light of Wisdom in the Darkness of the World!

As the Black Cat by the Light of the Moon, so I: the Eyes to see Heaven's Light upon Black Earth!

As the Serpent that emerges from its Place of Slumber, so I: the Self that awakens to the Cry of the Elder Gods!

As the Black Dog that guards the Gates of Gnosis, so I: the Star that forever Lights the Way!

By Lily-Baalit-Lilith-Lillitu! Forever in the Kingdom of the Wise! So Mote It Be!



By Patrick J. Larabee

No comments:

Post a Comment